The site is published by the SZLEPER HENRY AVOCATS law firm, a limited liability partnership (AARPI), Registration (SIRET) No. 790 936 553 00011, whose registered office is located at 23 avenue Bosquet, 75007 Paris.
The firm is committed to complying with the following three key principles:
Collecting only the data strictly necessary in view of its intended purpose;
Enabling you to retain control over your personal data;
Processing your data in a transparent, confidential and secure manner.
The processing of personal data is governed by:
• The French Data Protection Act, Act No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 (hereinafter the “Data Protection Act”);
• Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, which came into force on 25 May 2018 (hereinafter the “GDPR”).
PURPOSE OF DATA PROCESSING
Data is processed to manage the site’s contact form. It enables the firm to respond to requests for information from users of the site.
When the site’s contact form is used, the firm receives the name and e-mail address, and perhaps the telephone number, of the person who contacts the firm.
The information collected in this manner is processed electronically in order to respond to this contact: providing a reply with requested information, making an appointment, preparing an estimate.
This data will not be used for commercial purposes.
Only members of the firm will be able to access users’ data.
DATA RETENTION PERIOD
The firm undertakes that the data collected will be kept in a form that allows the user to be identified for a period that does not exceed the time necessary for the purposes for which the data is collected and processed.
However, data may be processed to provide proof of a right or contract. Such data may also be stored for the purpose of complying with a legal obligation or may be kept in files in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
As an exception to the foregoing, the firm will keep users’ identification data for a period of three years from the last contact with the user. For client management and oversight purposes, data will be kept for three years from the end of the commercial relationship if the user is a client. After this period, the data will be archived for the period during which the lawyer’s liability may be asserted.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act and the GDPR, you have the following rights:
• The right to access (GDPR Article 15), rectify (GDPR Article 16), update and ensure the completeness of your data.
• The right to block or erase your personal data (GDPR Article 17) if it is inaccurate, incomplete, ambiguous, outdated, or if the collection, use, communication or storage thereof is prohibited.
• The right to withdraw your consent at any time (GDPR Article 13(2)(c)).
• The right to limit processing of your data (GDPR Article 18).
• The right to object to processing of your data (GDPR Article 21).
• The right to the portability of the data you have provided to us if your data is processed automatically based on your consent or a contract (GDPR Article 20).
• The right to submit a claim to the French Data Protection Agency (CNIL) (GDPR Article 77).
• The right to determine what becomes of your data after your death and to instruct us whether or not to disclose your data to a third party you have previously designated. In the event of your death, and if we have not received instructions from you, we will destroy your data, unless retaining it is necessary for evidentiary purposes or to comply with a legal obligation.
These rights may be exercised by submitting a request by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to SZLEPER HENRY AVOCATS, 23 avenue Bosquet, 75007 Paris, and providing your contact details (first and last names, address and a copy of a signed identity document) and a legitimate reason if this is required by law (in particular, if you object to processing).
For additional information about your rights, you may visit the website of the French Data Protection Agency (CNIL) at the following address: http://cnil.fr